Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I {Heart} Quatrefoil

I'm slightly obsessed with quatrefoil.  It's got everything I'm looking for in a pattern.  It's classic, yet modern.  It's curvy, yet structured.  It's formal, yet laid back.  I can't think of a single circumstance where quatrefoil wouldn't be appropriate.

Over the weekend we stopped at the Fred Meyer Red Tag Store.  Are Red Tag stores everywhere else?  I don't know.  But we have one here.  The Red Tag store is where they send all the clearance stuff from the normal stores.  Minus the food.  I imagine they send the clearance food to the dumpster. It's kind of like the Nordstrom Rack of general merchandise.  But I digress.  While we were there I saw some hand towels that reminded me of quatrefoil.  But the pattern was a little off.  Apparently it was from their Moroccan line that I never saw offered in their actual stores.  They were pretty much this pattern: 

Which is a beautiful fabric made by Kravet.  But the colors on the towels were a bit off.  Not that I have the color scheme figured out for my guest bath, but I didn't think the towels were in the colors I would pick.  I almost bought them anyway because of the quatrefoilyness (I know that's totally not a word, but when there's not an existing word sometimes you have to make your own), but I decided to hold out for the real thing.

While I'm waiting to find the perfect quatrefoil bath towels, I think I'll find a way to use this quatrefoil stencil that Jen from tatertots & jello made last year.  She used it to make the most adorable stool that makes me wish I had a step stool that needed some love. 

Check out her full tutorial at The CSI Project.  And stay tuned to see what I decide needs a quatrefoil treatment.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I can't get enough of this design!! It's nice to know there are other people in this world that share in my obsession!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...